EF Defense, the mobile tower defense game, has gained a brand new hero, the Death Knight, as part of a major new update that also introduces a new ‘Hero Awakening’ system.
As the name suggests, this system allows you to wake up your heroes to boost their abilities. However, you can only do this once a hero has reached five stars, and you need ‘Pet Fragments’ to actually wake them up.
The Death Knight explained
If you’re a fan of undead or demonic heroes, the Death Knight should appeal to you. This hero’s abilities are aimed at boosting nearby heroes of that specific type.
Not only that, but this particular hero’s pet is none other than the Grim Reaper himself. It’s a cute chibi version, though, rather than something nightmare-inducing.
Here’s a list of the Death Knight’s abilities:
- Deadly knife – Swing the sword to deal 90% of the attack on an enemy, and every 5th successful hit deals 80% of the attack as extra damage.
- Rampage of Darkness – Executes an 8-second rampage, increases its own haste by 30% and nearby undead heroes by 20%.
- Death knight – On the first death, it is immediately revived. The time required for the next revive increases by 20 seconds per revive. The revive timer is unaffected by Haste and revives at 60% health. If there are no surviving allies on the same floor, the revival is not triggered (max. 5 revivals) (min. Lv.41)
- Command of the Death Knight – Increases the accuracy and evasion of ally Undead & Demon heroes by 20% at the start of battle (min. Lv.61)
- Dark Legion – When fighting on the Undead map, every 3 seconds, when someone dies, you bring it to life as a skeleton soldier with 60% of its original stats, with a 70% chance. Each time this ability is activated, DK gains 3% defense and incoming damage ▼ by 1%. (Maximum 10 stacks). Up to 10 Skeleton Soldiers can be on the field, and they disappear 3 seconds later when the DK is killed.
What is EF Defense?
EF Defense is a tower defense game that challenges you to defend against a wide variety of different enemies, including treasure-hunting goblins, frogs with parachutes and scary ghosts.
You see, the continent of Akaros is being invaded by these three types of enemies, so the different local tribes have banded together to try and repel them.
It’s up to you to recruit heroes from these tribes and send them to defend your towers in different game modes.
Aside from your standard tower defense, there’s a Frontier mode, where you go on the offensive and take down enemy bases.
You also have the Arena and Grand Arena, where you compete against stronger opponents for bragging rights.
Rounding it off is the Tower of Trials, an endless defense mode where you climb a tower and take on different challenges on each floor.