Diablodiablo immortalGame NewsNews

Diablo Immortal abandoned by largest Diablo fansite

The biggest Diablo fan site, Maxroll, has publicly left Diablo Immortal just weeks after its release. As a popular website for diehard Diablo fans, it’s a dark day for fans of the ARPG franchise.

Why is everyone leaving Diablo Immortal?

In a long announcement on her websiteMaxroll has announced that it will no longer support Diablo Immortal. The free-to-play game website branch will soon be discontinued due to the predatory nature of the game.

Maxroll explained that it will no longer be making guides or content for the game. In fact, the team will leave the game until the monetization systems are deemed acceptable. Since the game is heavily pay-to-win at the time of writing, the game is unlikely to return to the site.

The fansite explained that it sees no way forward” for Diablo Immortal. Not only is the game too hard for free-to-play users, but accurately creating detailed tutorials for the game would require Maxroll writers to spend more than they would recoup.

“The predatory Pay-To-Win system significantly exceeds what is considered the norm for mobile gaming,” the website announced. Gambling addictions are real and can completely destroy lives. Even if 99% of the players have perfect impulse control, we still can’t stand what happens to the other 1%. This is completely against our values ​​and we will no longer be a part of this.”

Did the developers manipulate Maxroll?

In perhaps the saddest part of Maxroll’s announcement, fans theorized that the team was being used to make Diablo Immortal worse for everyone. Over the past three years, Maxroll’s team has been part of countless testing periods to improve the game.

While the team thought they were making it better, they may have made it worse. During the closed alpha, the game didn’t have any of the pay-to-win features that hinder you now. In fact, it looked like it was going to be a great version of Diablo on mobile.

As Maxroll continued to provide feedback and help with the game, the pay-to-win features started rearing their ugly heads. There is a strong theory that the min-max guides the fansite created were used to make the game more difficult. While the website acknowledges these theories, they are “not sure” of their legitimacy.

Over the years, Maxroll has put over 10,000 hours into Diablo Immortal, but no more. Instead, the website will now focus on other ARPGs. Path of Exile Mobile, anyone?

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button